For those who don’t know, hemp seeds are made from the Cannabis Sativa plant, commonly known as hemp. This simple seed is delicious and provides great nutritional benefits as well.

Hemp is still widely known for its psychoactive uses. However, it’s a great multi-purpose plant. In particular, hemp seeds are extremely healthy as food.

You can easily find hulled hemp seeds (hemp hearts) in most grocery stores today, together with a lot of hemp protein powders and similar products.

Today, we are going to talk about the benefits of Oregon CBD hemp seeds.

Helps Enhance Different Skin Illnesses

According to several clinical trials, Omega-6 and Omega-3 found in hemp oil help dry skin. Aside from that, they’re great for treating skin illnesses such as psoriasis and eczema.

Though eating healthy can be ideal for the skin, hemp-based products and hemp oil might even be more beneficial when directly used in skincare.

Fights Blood Clots and Bad Cholesterol Levels

According to studies, hemp seed oil and hemp seed itself can help break down cholesterol. In addition to that, it also helps in fighting blood clots that are usually caused by high levels of cholesterol.

25% of the Overall Calories Are Good Protein

For those who don’t know, 65% of hemp seed’s protein is edestin. It’s a protein that helps in the functioning of your immune system. The other 35% of the protein is albumin. This helps the protein easily get absorbed into the body. Hemp provides an excellent alternative to protein. This is particularly true if you’re allergic to dairy.

Source of Minerals and Vitamins

Hemp seeds are an ideal source of minerals and vitamin E such as zinc, iron, calcium, sulfur, magnesium, sodium, potassium, and phosphorus.

Excellent Source of Dietary Fiber

Hemp seeds provide 15 grams of fiber each serving. On the other hand, a serving of hemp protein also contains 8 to 11 grams of fiber. That’s why it is an excellent addition to your day-to-day diet.

Hemp Seeds Provide All 10 Important Amino Acids

A human body can make amino acids. However, there are 8 of them that our body cannot make. Furthermore, there are other 2 amino acids that our body can’t make due to insufficient quantity. Hemp provides all these vital amino acids that can be found in the seed.

Balanced Ratio of Vital Fatty Acids

Hemp provides a naturally balanced 3:1 ratio of Omega-6 and Omega-3 EFAs (Essential Fatty Acids). These fatty acids are responsible for improving the immune system of your body.

Hemp Seeds Are Much Better Than Fish Oil, Chia, or Flax

Hemp both contains CLA (Conjugated Linoleic Acid) and GLA (Gamma Linoleic Acid). CLA is one of the building blocks of cell membranes. On the other hand, GLA is a fatty acid that has anti-inflammatory properties. Aside from that, it provides more protein compared to chia and flax.

There are a lot of methods to eat hemp seed. You can combine it into your smoothie, eat raw as a snack, combine with water, sprinkle on top of your salads, and much more.